Monday, November 28, 2011

Favorite Quotes from Books

I did a guest blog at My Fantasy Life titled Tuesday's Thoughts and Tips, the post before mine inspired me to do this post. These aren't really my top favorites of all time or even from my top favorite books, but these are all quotes that I loved when I first read them and still love them for a long time after.

Quote #1. "The sun burnt every day. It burnt Time. The world rushed in a circle and turned on its axis and time was busy burning the years and the people anyway, without any help from him. So if he burnt things with the firemen and the sun burnt Time, that meant that everything burnt!"
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, Part 3
What isn't there to love about this? Bradbury wrote this and it sings to my heart like a beautiful poem.

Quote #2. “...the devil on my right shoulder must have brutally strangled the angel on my left...”
-Gena Showalter, Playing with Fire
Enough said, really.

Quote #3. “If you begin to give away parts of yourself, eventually you'll give it all. And once you've lost yourself, haven't you lost everything?”
-Julie Garwood, For The Roses
Sigh! I love this book, it's always in my top books and I love this quote from it. It's a good quote that stands well on it's own and stands well within it's own situation.

Quote #4. "Insanity is contagious."
-Joseph Heller, Catch 22
No Joke...Another quote that one can't help but love, that works both in and out of the book.

Quote #5. “The Texan turned out to be good-natured, generous and likable. In three days no one could stand him.”
-Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Okay, I had written this wonderful piece about my poor, darling husband...but in the end I chunk it. It was written and would have received some good laughs...but I think I'll just end this with "Kill 'em with kindness, darling, you kill them with kindness." Even while this man can drive me freaking insane...I think one of his greatest flaws is that he is entirely too nice to people, whether they deserve it or not!

So these are five of mine, later I may find more if this post is liked or I'm bored or inspired into it. :D Please comment with a quote or a few that you love, I look forward to seeing them through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment