Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heart-shaped Cake!

The Heart Shaped Cake.


Ingredients
1 Box of Cake Mix, I used Butter Cake
1 Container of Frosting or Make Your Own
-I made my own…
Butter frosting
1 Cup Butter
1 Box Jello Mix (I used Cherry)
2-3 Cups Confectioner Sugar
2-3 Tablespoons Milk



You need two pans, one square 9x9 pan and one 9 inch circle pan. Preheat and prepare batter according to the directions on the box. Then pour it into the pans. Let them cool completely and then transfer. The longest parts of this is almost 15 inches, so what you put the cake on will have to be able to hold it. Place the square centered in front of you so it’s setting like a diamond. Cut the circle cake in half, place one half, the straight side on one of the top edges of the square cake. Do the same with the other half of the circle.
Isaac decided to rush into tasting it.
 If my written directions suck very bad, it’s obvious in the image. If you don’t split the cake batter evenly like I had, you can level the higher cake with a long straight blade. I suggest that when the cake is set that you “dirty ice” it, spread a thin layer of icing across the cake and set in the fridge to harden for about 20 minutes. Then spread on your nice smooth, clean frosting. I don’t honestly suggest anyone use my frosting yet, I’m still experimenting with it.
 
I personally think that it would have been better if I actually had frosting, and if I made it into a layered cake. It's awesome even still!

No comments:

Post a Comment